WOT RESEARCH? -
Did you know we are an NHS Research Practice?
We work closely with the University of Bristol and also, Oxford, Nottingham, Southampton, East Anglia and Bath.
Our current projects involve:
- What makes healthy aging?
- How can we help people with depression? Are antidepressant medications needed in early depression?
- How can we prevent severe asthma attacks?
- Working with patients on improving how we manage blood pressure and heart failure.
- Which children need antibiotics? (can we safely reduce antibiotic prescribing and reduce antibiotic resistance long term?)
Over the last couple of years we have completed projects on GP consulting styles, depression, dementia and urine infections.
From time to time you might receive a questionnaire or be asked to take part in a study. Look out for screen displays about our projects in the waiting room.
***We would like to thank all our patients who have taken part so far.
It is a great help to the nhs and we hope you have found it fun/useful too!***
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19.
Are you aged between 50 to 64 with a pre-existing illness? Are you aged 65 or above?
Have you experienced a continuous or worsening cough and/or high temperature for less than 15 days?
If so please click here to find out more.
Our research lead is Dr Jenny Eachus and she is supported by our Nurse Meryn Eden. Our administrative lead is Catherine Farrington